Hunger:

HUNGER: One of the few cravings that cannot be appeased with another solution.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Garlic Cheese Biscuits

My father in law is a very interesting man. My husband is his carbon copy looks, personality, and cooking skills.  One of the things that I found so attractive about my husband was his ability to cook. I mean really cook not just open a can of sauce but make full meals with two vegetables and a starch. The kind of cooking I don't really do.
His dad has made some pretty good dishes in the 8 years we've been together but his garlic cheese biscuits are the best.

Mr.O's famous garlic cheese biscuits
Look at the cheese buttery goodness that is these biscuits.  Trust me they taste 20x's better than they look. 
He was so kind as to give me the secret receipt and I tried it out. Mine came nowhere close to tasting as yummy as his. 

Ingredients:
2 cups Bisquick
2/3 cups milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (Mr.O likes fine chop)
1/4 melted butter
1/4 garlic salt
generous dash Italian Seasoning

 Preparation:
Combine 1st three ingredients. Dough will be sticky.  Spoon into greased cookie sheet.  DO not use paper liners. Combine last 3 ingredients; brush  ¾ evenly over the batter. Reserve ¼ of mix.   Bake 10-15mins at 450 degree until golden brown. Brush remaining butter mixture on complete biscuits.



The before
The After! Can a biscuit be SEXY?

The complete plate. Yes its heavy on mac and cheese its so good!
I have to get the recipe for my mother in laws steak next....

No comments:

Post a Comment