Hunger:

HUNGER: One of the few cravings that cannot be appeased with another solution.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Street Eats!!!!

Anyone that knows me knows I love some good street food. Maybe, its the east coast girl in my or maybe the adventurer. But I love street meat. So when I check my tweets this morning and saw that one of m favorite food trucks Gastronomic Wonder on Wheels.
H-townstreats, was parks less than 5blocks from my house bet your last $$$ my lunch plans were just set.
H-townstreats is not your average food truck. They have an ever changing menu including dessert (if the brownie is on there order it TRUST ME). Today was no different. I had the pleasure of getting acquainted with none other than the pimped out "Shorty Mac" today.
Shorty Mac is the grill cheese older much hotter older brother who you wish you had met first.  Beef short ribs and mac and cheese nuzzled between two perfectly grilled slices of white bread. The 1st bite was heavenly.  The mac and cheese was mos def mom approved and the slow roasted beef was moist and tender.
The menu had a few items featuring house made kimchi(most often a fermented spicy Korean dish made of vegetables with varied seasonings. My husband opted for the cheese steak topped with kimchi and although he claimed not to be hungry he wiped it out in about 5 minutes.  


We've visited H-townstreats many times before and would suggest you follow them on twitter or facebook. They update often and most often let you know where and when to find them the next day.  Also, Morgan the new girl is very nice. Tell her Hi. 

Happy Eating
H-town Hungry Girl.

PS..Tomorrow is actually my favorite new holiday! Food Truck Friday. They are all awesome so check one out. I know I plan too and you can be sure to read all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment